Howard Hall is a delightful Art Déco building dating from the 1933. It is a purpose built Masonic Hall constructed with funds donated by the Howard family in memory of Bro John Burgess Howard who owned a drapers in Braintree High Street. He made provision in his will for the building of a new Temple for the Lodge of St Mary 1312 of which he was a member.
Situated in its own grounds there is ample car parking for 75 vehicles, a large dining room and a bar. With a capacity for up to 120 persons as well as Masonic events it is an ideal venue for all types of functions including weddings, birthdays, civic events and dances.